Thursday, June 29, 2006

Where Was Pelosi Then?

That's what I thought when I read this Pelosi statement:
"Today's Supreme Court decision reaffirms the American ideal that all are entitled to the basic guarantees of our justice system. This is a triumph for the rule of law. The rights of due process are among our most cherished liberties, and today's decision is a rebuke of the Bush Administration's detainee policies and a reminder of our responsibility to protect both the American people and our Constitutional rights. We cannot allow the values on which our country was founded to become a casualty in the war on terrorism."
That self-serving statement is intellectually dishonest. If due process is "among our most cherished liberties," then where was Ms. Pelosi when John Murtha was playing judge, jury & executioner before the invevstigation was even completed? Has Ms. Pelosi backed up her commitment to this "cherished" liberty by demanding John Murtha retract all his judgmental statements and issuing a formal apology? I watch a ton of news articles each day and I don't recall her demanding that.

Whenever I read a Pelosi statement like that, I get an urge that I've never acted on, namely to slap her senseful. I wouldn't say that I'd beat her senseless because it's obvious that someone's beaten me to that long ago.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Cross-posted at LetFreedomRingBlog